"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream.
Discover."
~Mark Twain

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hello World Series!



I was probably one of the few in Syracuse last night to sit down and watch game six of the Giants/Phillies game AND root for the Giants. Baseball is a great sport, despite what Greg thinks (though I did succeed in getting him to watch the last two innings last night)! Scoring doesn't happen quickly, and so mistakes are brutal/crucial when they are made. Each pitch is like a held breath. Even the waiting period for a fly ball soaring through the air heading for the ready outfielder is intense. Baseball gets me on the edge of my seat and keeps me there, and last night's game was extremely nerve-wracking. The Giants had lost the last game in San Fran, and I felt nervous about them flying back to Philadelphia. Yes, they only had to win one more, but still, the Phillies seemed pumped. After a struggling start (the Phillies lead the game by 2, pitcher Jonathan Sanchez got a little too heated, the game continued with a tied score), Juan Uribe hit a homer. I danced around the living room, and Lily joined me. Lily is clearly a Giants fan too! Then, after biting my nails through the last two innings, "Fear the Beard" pitcher Brian Wilson ended the game beautifully.

So, I can happily say, the SF Giants are heading to the World Series!

The photos are from sfgate.com and sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment