"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream.
Discover."
~Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In the Midst of Heat, a Taste of Autumn


This week, Greg and I both started classes. I already have a large list of assignments due Friday, and though Greg hasn't had an actual homework assignment yet, they're bound to start rolling in soon. Other than trying to get accustomed to once again having homework, we have been trying to survive this nasty heat wave! After surviving 100-degree heat waves in Sacramento, I didn't think I would have any problem with summers here; however, when you add humidity, it makes the heat a whole lot worse.

The heat is supposed to fade away by this weekend. To escape our hot apartment and avoid turning on the air conditioner, we sat outside on a blanket with Lily about an hour ago. I was staring at the trees when I noticed an exciting change in the leaves.


The leaves are starting to turn! I have been informed that East Coast autumns are beautiful. Apparently, no other place in the United States compares. From the pictures I've seen of streets lined with trees that are full and round with yellow, orange and red leaves, I believe it. I have been excited from the moment I knew we were moving to Syracuse to see autumn. It's not far off before the lush green is replaced by crisp red. Autumn also implies a relief from summer heat and humidity!

Now, I need to get back to reading my travel writing books, which I am finding fascinating. Greg is enjoying his homework-free night by watching The Office, and Lily is asleep next to her new, giant bone. That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment