"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream.
Discover."
~Mark Twain

Monday, August 2, 2010

Ketchup

Well, I have arrived in Syracuse. I picked up Kathy at the airport and we settled into the Days Inn. We'll start looking for a permanent place for Erin and me tomorrow. We were supposed to update the blog last night, but forgot, so I'll do it now, and maybe Erin can add to it later any parts that I probably will forget.

From Madison, we drove through Chicago, Gary, and Lafayette and then arrived in Dayton Ohio. Chicago was really cool to see. At first, I wanted to go around the city to avoid tolls and traffic, but Erin wanted to see the city, so I agreed to do it. If you ask her, she'll say it was my idea though. Anyway, it was a short trip through Illinois. We weren't huge fans of Indiana. The parts we drove through looked a little run down, but probably because everything's older here than in California. Dayton was a really nice city with tons of places to eat and shop and see. We didn't do anything though because of our pets. It'll be nice to do a road trip again someday without pets in the car.

Erin drove that entire day too. I guess her restless leg syndrome was feeling better. We got to sleep in again, and then we headed to Pittsburgh. It was only about a 4.5 hour drive. We drove through the Columbus, the capital of Ohio, and then the very northern tip of West Virginia. When we arrived to Pittsburgh, we were so excited. It's a very pretty city coming into downtown. There are a lot of bridges connecting the land separated by the three rivers. I'll let Erin tell more about the city and her school Chatham (pronounced chat-uhm we just found out) University since she is a resident for the next week and a half.

After I dropped Erin off in her apartment, I headed north for Erie, Pennsylvania. It's at the very tip almost to New York next to Lake Erie of course. The drive was uneventful, but I'm really liking all the trees. There are dense, green forests everywhere and green fields to fill in the holes. This morning, I got to sleep in a little because Kathy's plane was delayed in Detroit. I drove through Buffalo on my drive. The entire freeway was a toll road, so I guess I can't call it a freeway. It's a tollway. Luckily, it was only 20 cents to get from the airport to our hotel. Now, Lily is sleeping some more (I don't know how she can sleep so much) and Lulu is doing somersaults in her dust bath. Kathy and I will probably just get some food and relax tonight. Oh, and Kathy wants to watch the Bachelorette, or the Bachelor, or something like that. I'll text Erin to see if she can update the blog tonight too. I'm not sure who reads this, but if anyone has questions, you can leave a comment by clicking on the blog post title and scroll to the bottom of the page. Ok, that's all!

-Greg

(no picture today because my phone is being weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment